A UNIVERSE OF PLASTIC SPACE FIGHTERS AND ALIENS. IMAGINE D&D CROSSED WITH SQUAD LEADER.
MAKING THE FIGURES AND TERRAIN. RULES DEVELOPMENT, SCENARIOS AND BACKGROUND.

Saturday 26 May 2018

Interior decorating on a spaceship.

My acquisition of infinite plastic foamboard for no money has allowed me to develop the furnishings of my spaceships.
 Up to now I have used solid shapes of polystyrene as the 'furniture' inside the ship. All the fittings, machines, obstacles were represented by solid blocks. This works. It is cheap and easy and works.


 Now I have no excuse to replace this system with actual models of stuff. Even if I will not make true models but stylised items painted quickly with aerosol paint...they will be more models than blocks.


 The construction of items in foamboard has the drawback of revealing a section of the board at joined edges unless you use mitring.

This great blog on model construction contains many useful secrets.

 http://oinksterrain.blogspot.dk/2012/02/working-with-foamboard-cutting-mitres.html

A simple jig can be made as follows ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=149ZXze_JOo

No comments:

Post a Comment